Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Before Christina Moves In


Taken just a week or so before Lacy died... from left to right: Brownie, Luna, Clyde, Christina, and Lacy in Silk Oak Park. Doghouse is somewhere in the background.
I should reduce the amount of stuff in the house. I should make room for her. I should not be selfish... but I am afraid if I surrender too much, I'll resent that. Sigh. Money does not buy happiness, but it would make our lives so much easier.

Master bedroom: Ours
Master bath: Mine
Guest bath: Hers
Guest room: Hers
Office: Mine
Study: Mine (but I should make room for Christina's books)
Living room: Ours
Kitchen: Ours
Garage: Ours

Maybe that would be OK with her, but I'd have to make room in the garage. No reason for me to keep Joy's real-estate records, for example.
And probably no reason to keep the computer I loaned to Christina, although it would be nice to get the data onto a Zip disk or 28 Zip disks. Chapters of The First Volvo On The Moon are on that hard drive.

Nice evening with Christina, although we had the sad task of picking up Cabby's remains. A small wooden box. More than most cats get.

I got somewhat overwhelmed, but at least I found my cellphone.

We are luckier than most people. We have troubles and worries and fears, and we have suffered losses, but others have suffered much worse.

No comments:

About Bill

Divorced, but in a committed relationship with Christina... and we're trying to figure out how she can move in with me. Living in a house named Doghouse with two dogs, Clyde and Luna, who are both Australian-shepherd mixes I got through Austin Aussie Rescue. Working freelance, but looking for a full-time job. I've worked for many mags: STEREO REVIEW, LEISURE TIME ELECTRONICS, CAR AUDIO AND ELECTRONICS, A/V INTERIORS, CAR STEREO REVIEW, MOBILE ELECTRONICS, and more.